Yesterday I said I was going to try out a new recipe I found in a cookmagazine. So that's exactly what I did. It was a recipe for a delicous cheesecake. And I'll give yout he recipe, so you can also make it.
- 200 gr crumbled Bastogne-cookies
- 1,5 lemon
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- Cream (to make whipped cream)
- 6 Gelatin-sheets
- 350 ml Quark or Greek yughurt
What to do:
- The first thing you should do it make a base. The base of this cheesecake is made of Bastogne. I don't know if you can buy these cookies in every country. But it's a crunchy cookie with caramalized sugar and cinnamon flavour. Annyway, you should crumble them. I first tried doing this with my hands. After a couple of minutes I discovered this didn't work. So I used a hammer (:
- After making the base it's time to put the gelatin-sheets into water.
- Heat the lemonjuice together with one tablespoon sugar.
- Squeeze the gelatin-sheets out in the warm mix of lemonjuice and sugar.
- Stir the quark or Greek yoghurt and mix it with the lemonjuice.
- Whip the cream until it's whipped cream (okay, this sounds a bit stupid :). Mix it toghether with 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Stir the whipped cream trough the yoghurt.
- Now you can spread the yoghurt-mix over the Bastogne-base.
- You should let the cheesecake coagulate until it's a thick mass.
- After it has coagulated, you can decorate the cake. I did it with a lemon, because there's lemonjuice in the cake. Soo... But you could also do it with little white chocolate-eggs. Or whipped cream. Or anything else.
Have fun! xx