vrijdag 6 juli 2012

Chocolate Cake & Pearls

Two of my friends are 1,5 year together, so... time for a party! I wanted to give them something special, and since I like to bake chocolate cake, I made one for them. With a little shiny love-decoration (:
By the way, it's one of the easiest cakes ever, but super sticky. I love it. I've had a lot of success with this cake on bdays and other special occassions. Or just in the middle of the week xd.

You need:
  • 300 gr dark chocolate
  • 200 gr butter
  • 3 à 4 tablespoons coffee powder
  • 4 eggs
  • 200 gr brown sugar
  • 150 gr self-raising flour
  • a bit of chocolate for the heart, but I just did that intuitive. You can just use as much as you like. Of course you can make every shape you want. 
  • silver and gold pearls


1. Melt the butter and the chocolate



2. When the it's become a smooth chocolatebutter, add the coffee powder

3. Stir the eggs until you see bubbles.

4. Add the brown sugar and the little bit of salt.


5. Add the chocolate/coffee-butter to the eggs.
 And sieve the flour trough it.


6. Cover the tin in baking paper.
Do this with cuts in the sides, like you see in the picture.

While you cover the tin, preheat the over on 175°C.


Bake the cake for 30 minutes.
Cool it down in the fridge, to make it sticky, yum yum!



And then the final pic, the result.
PADADAPADAPAAAM...




Isn't it cute?


The cake was delicious, if I can say it myself... My friends loved it, so I guess I can :D The party was great. We could sit outside all night. I enjoyed it a lot! 

6 reacties:

  1. So sweet that you baked a cake for your friends!
    Love the icing and it must have been delicious!

    Love,
    Shubhi's Revels!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh yummy. And thank you. Yes, me too. I was completely stunned when I watched it. How can a movie be so overall perfect? ;) But in fact I loved all of Woody Allen's latest movies, Vicky Cristina Barcelona for instance. Can't wait for "From Rome with Love" :)
    xx

    Vicky | golden mirrors

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. great this cake, i love chocolate :P

    xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Can I taste it? It must be delicious...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Sooo yummy!! I'm literally drooling over the keyboard :P
    Thank you so much for stopping by, would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin’? I promise I’ll follow you back!
    Have a nice day<3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"



    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Nice work dear :)
    Looks do tasty!
    xx Ilka
    http://ilkavontorok.blogspot.ro/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Al jullie berichtjes maken me blij, dankjewel! Laat je linkje achter, want ik ben natuurlijk ook benieuwd naar wie jullie zijn :)

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs